Saturday 8 November 2014

A Breakfast Bake

I love a good breakfast, give me some bacon and eggs slopped on some bread and I'll be happy. This morning however I thought to myself... I am going to be fancy and make something that not only taste amazing but looks good too! 

I Googled breakfast Ideas and came across a sort of breakfast baked egg quiche concoction picture. Me being the "adventurist" *cough lazy* person I am I decided to wing it and make up my own recipe for it. 


Now for the reveal. Drum roll please...






Ignore the slice of Turkish bread underneath, I was serving this to my partner and his friend and you need to give men carbs for breakfast unless you want your man transformed into a hungry caveman by mid morning. 

Mel's Breakfast Bake

You will need ( subject to interpretation-)  makes 6:

6 strips of stripey Bacon 
6 eggs
1 kransky thinly sliced
1 tablespoon of peas (optional)
1 tablespoon of baked beans (optional)
Chives
Grated cheese
salt and pepper 
1 muffin tray

What to do: 

1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. 
2. Line each muffin hole with a strip of bacon and slices of kransky
3. Place the lined muffin tray in the oven and bake for around 5- 8 minutes 
4. Saute the peas, baked beans and any left over kransky in a pan until the kranksy is golden brown 
5.  Add some salt and pepper to the pea mixture. 
6. Spoon the pea mixture into the muffin holes once they are out of the oven. 
7. Crack an egg into each of the muffin holes (do not panic if it looks like it will overflow, the egg will shrink once cooked)
8. Bake in the oven for around 5-10 minutes (if it jiggles when you shake it, it isn't ready)
9. Grate some cheese and sprinkle the salt, pepper and chives on top. 
10. Remove from the muffin tins carefully with a sharp knife and serve on a pretty plate


Enjoy! 



xx Mel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment