Monday 1 December 2014

Homemade Butter & Lamp Love

I have been a little slow with the posts in the past few days, however hear me out... My sister had recently purchased a new place and we have been in hardcore renovation mode. Needless to say my back and arms will never be the same again. 

So now onto the important things...

Today while I was working 'hard' at my job I flicked through my TV and came across Jamie Oliver making butter! And I know when we think of homemade butter in this day and age we think of an adorable old lady churning away with a wooden barrel and fresh milk. 

Everyone... I would like to present the most amazing thing to everyone.... Jamie's butter recipe is the most amazing thing I have discovered this year. I tweaked it  a little to make it more economically friendly Never again will you open the fridge to no butter for your toast!

The taste which I was skeptical about at first is actually delicious and buttery with an amazing rich yet fresh flavour. 



This recipe is quick and easy... forget the supermarket and what better excuse for a cute new butter dish. 

What you need (adapted from Jamie's recipe):

A food Processor
1 Tub 300g of Double cream
1 Carton 300g of Pure cream (Jamie's recipe calls for 2 tubs of Double cream but that's a little pricey for me)
1/2 tsp Pink salt (optional for salted butter)

What to do:

1. Pour all the ingredients and process on high until you see the ingredients clumping and turning into beautiful yellow butter (about 5 mins)
2. Place the newly made butter into a fine sieve and squish out the liquid. 
3. Rip the head off a baguette and smear with an obscene amount of butter. 
4. Enjoy and tell me how much you loved it!


Now while you are enjoying your new batch of home made butter feast your eyes on my new lamp!!

My sexy new lamp ! love love love it!

My bedside table- Lamp, jewelry tray for colour, candle for smell and a book mental stimulation. Tara Moss... love it


Enjoy



xx Mel 

No comments:

Post a Comment