Sunday 1 February 2015

The Tiffany Blue Wedding Cake

Hi Everyone,

Over the past couple of weeks I have been in preparation mode to make a wedding cake for my friend. Every now and then I make wedding cakes or wedding favors but only when a dear friend asks :)

My friend and his now wife are pretty stylish people so I was pretty excited when they told me what they were after.

Drum roll please....


Here is it!!! A Gorgeous Tiffany Blue wedding cake that has a light to dark gradient as you go down the tiers. Pale pink roses and I also added some Babies breath to make it a little more whimsical.









They also asked for wedding favors for all their guests and I came up with a brush embroidery vanilla cupcake with a dark chocolate whipped ganache.



I wrapped the outside of the cupcakes with a shimmery white paper and painted the top of the brush embroidery fondant topper with a pearl lustre dust.

Now what is a story without a bit of drama... The delivery of the cake didn't go quite as smoothly as I had hoped for. I for some silly reason delivered the cake fully assembled. So the middle tier developed a slight crack and slope. My heart sank when I arrived at the venue and saw this BUT... what do you do? this is someones special day! I had to snap myself out of my panic and grab some tools and fix the cake up as best as I could. In the end it turned out fine and I have learnt from my mistake!

What I would do differently? Assemble the cake onsite and pack the cake into a foam box with some ice to keep it nice and cool. :)


Enjoy!


xx Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment