I love cheesecake! The silky smooth texture contrasting harmoniously working with the subtle tangy flavour of the cream cheese.
I am also aware that a normal baked cheesecake takes around an hour in the oven and there is the risk of the ugly dreaded cracking on top. I being the hungry impatient person I am like to make my cheese cake in a glass cup so I can speedily eat it up with a spoon. Oh the best thing about my cheesecake? you don't need to bake the cheesecake part! :)
What you need:
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 250 grams of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of freshly whipped cream
- 1/4 cup of chopped roasted pistachio
- 1/4 cup of chopped roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 3 pieces of crushed freeze dried mango
- 1/4 cup of self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons of caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of honey
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend well.
3. Place the processed crumbs onto a lined baking tray
4. Bake for 10 minutes
5. Once it has been baked allow it to cool down.
1. Boil the water and sugar together in a saucepan for around 5 minutes until the water and sugar is slightly thicker (The consistency of really runny honey)
2. Allow the sugar syrup to cool
3. Whisk the cream cheese until it is smooth
4. Whisk in the cool sugar syrup until combined
5. Mix in the lime juice.
6. Finally fold in the freshly whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
1. Place the base mixture in the bottom of the glass of your choice.
2. Add the cream cheese mixture on top of the base.
3. Place in the fridge to set (about 10-20 minutes was fine for mine)
4. Now you are ready to eat!